A New Hampshire newspaper that made headlines for attacking Donald Trump will no longer co-host an upcoming GOP Presidential debate.
The debate, scheduled for February 6th right between the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire Primary, will still feature ABC News.
According to The Hill:
ABC is severing its partnership with the New Hampshire Union Leader for the Feb. 6 Republican primary debate, and Donald Trump says he made the network do it.
“I am pleased to announce that I had the Union Leader removed from the upcoming debate,” Trump said on Sunday in a statement to The Hill.
The Republican primary front-runner said the newspaper’s recent criticism of his candidacy constituted a conflict of interest.
The newspaper issued a front-page editorial last month entitled “Trump campaign insults NH voters’ intelligence.”
“This is really unfair and a conflict for all the other candidates,” Trump said in his statement. “I said it should not be allowed and ABC agreed.”