President-elect Donald Trump has announced he is taking a step back from his businesses to focus on presidency. It is still unclear whether his children take over in his stead.
Fox News reports, “Trump said legal documents were being drafted that would take him “completely out of business operations” and added that the presidency is “a far more important task!””
Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller told Fox News he spoke with the president-elect about the move.
“One of the things he made clear, both on Twitter and in our conversation… he is so focused on taking over as president,” Miller said on “Fox & Friends.” “He is completely getting out of the business, handing it over to the family and he’ll be fighting for the American people around the clock.”
Trump said previously that he’d leave his business operations to his three eldest children – Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka – though it wasn’t clear from his tweets Wednesday that was still the case.
Reince Priebus, Trump’s incoming White House chief of staff, said Wednesday “that’ll all be worked out.”
Get more updates here.