2016 GOP Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has released his plan to improve healthcare for the nation’s veterans.
According to Breitbart:
“Trump released a plan on Saturday detailing how he would change the current VA system. Some of its specifics included:
- All veterans eligible for VA health care would be able to bring their veteran’s ID card to any doctor or care facility that accepts Medicare to get the care they need immediately.
- Funding would be increased for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury and suicide prevention services.
- Funding would be increased for job training and placement services, educational support and business loans.
- Equipping every VA hospital in the country with OBGYN and other women’s health services, while permitting women veterans to choose a different OBGYN in their community using their veteran’s ID card.
- Firing the corrupt and incompetent VA executives.
- Accelerating and expanding investments in state of the art technology to deliver best-in-class care quickly and effectively.
- Hiring more veterans to care for veterans.
- Embedding satellite VA clinics in rural and other underserved areas to ensure veterans have easy access to care.”