Fiorina Shines in Second GOP Debate

Fiorina Shines in Second GOP Debate

(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

Just over a week ago, the possibility of former HP CEO Carly Fiorina having a podium at the second GOP presidential debate was slim at best.

But given her strong performance in the so-called ‘happy hour’ debate in Ohio, CNN was under pressure to change its entrance criteria knowing at the very least it would likely mean a greater audience among women.

The decision to rebalance the polls to afford a spot near center stage for Fiorina in last night’s debate proved to be a boon for her campaign.

According to pundits across the spectrum, Fiorina came out swinging with a performance that set a new personal bar and almost certainly has ensured inclusion in all subsequent debates.

The iconic high point of her performance came when moderators challenged her to respond to Trump’s off-color remarks about her face. In poised pithiness she retorted, “I think women all across this country heard very clearly what Mr. Trump said.”

Though not scientific, Drudge’s online poll put Fiorina in second place behind Donald Trump as having won the debate.

[wpdevfb]

1 COMMENT

  1. Trumps followers will support him no matter what he says or does. He has 30% of the republican support right now. The other 70% of us have a decision to make and it will not be him. Carly won that debate hands down. Carly 2016!!!

Leave a Reply